Saturday, January 22, 2011

Modeling in Korea

One big cultural difference between Korea and America is the way the "commercial" models pose. In America, the cheaper the clothes, the cheesier the expression. In Korea, it goes the other way...the cheaper the clothes, the more bored the models appear. This boredom also applies to Korean celebrities endorsing food items, grocery stores, and patriotic ideals.

I suggest clicking on the pictures to get the full effect.
Enjoy.





(scroll down)

(scroll down)

(scroll down)

3 comments:

  1. "I have a new t-shirt."

    "I have a new t-shirt. And I can see between my fingers."

    "I have a new t-shirt. And a mouth."

    "I have a new t-shirt. And I am learning to vogue."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like my grandpuppy's cartoon debut! She seems to be posing as well as the models! Cute! very Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Libby, it's so true...the last one is trying to portray this move they do where they pretend they're yelling, but they have absolutely no expression on their face.

    http://english.gmarket.co.kr/challenge/neo_goods/goods.asp?goodscode=178966043&pos_shop_cd=EN&pos_class_cd=90000002&pos_class_kind=T

    ReplyDelete